Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mother of the year hits again!

I don't think I really knew what I was getting myself into when I signed up for this stay at home mom gig. After today I many have to rethink the terms of this agreement.

I mowed the lawn, weed wacked and trimmed trees. The tree trimming was the most difficult part of the task but since the kids were home I figured...free labor! I trimmed 5 trees and the kids were tasked with the job of carrying the limbs around to the driveway and helping me bundle them. By the time we got to this task it was 11am and hot, but it had to get done! I "encouraged" them by letting them know that if they did this job w/o fighting me we'd go to the pool. That definitely sped them up. The girl began singing a pool song she made up and the boy was picking up tree limbs by the hand full instead of one at a time.

Once that task was done we went inside to get ready for the pool. They ate some food, got swimsuits on and got sunblock on. We got snacks ready, towels ready and all in a positive fashion (bribery works). We were all ready except one thing, I couldn't find the pool passes (mother of the year). The kids helped me look high and low. Okay they followed me around while I looked high and low moaning about how we'd never be able to go. The girl went so far as to say "we're doomed!" To get them off my tail, and my nerves, I decided to have them pick up the house a bit while I continued to look. That didn't go over very well. At long last I found the passes and we were off. It was a busy, but in the end, fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment