Saturday, June 18, 2011

All-Stars

The girl was picked as one of 3 girls on her softball team to participate in an all-star game today at the league picnic. She was very excited and proud, until we got there. She walked up and saw all these other girls that she didn't know and became very nervous! Anyhow, after her first time in the outfield she tried to run off to me. Did I mention she was nervous? I just wanted to scoop her up and tell her it was going to be fine. I however did the right mom thing and told her to hurry up and get with her team!

It's amazing to me how my little girl can walk up to any adult and have a conversation but a dugout full of new peers scared the heck out of her. It helped a little that one of the girls had been on her team before. It also helped that Daddy offered ice cream if she kept playing and added a smile! She did a great job despite the nerves. She went 2 for 2, for all us less knowledgeable people out there that means she went up to bat twice and hit it both times In the end she opted for her first Slurpee and had a great time. I am very proud of my angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment