Sunday, June 5, 2011

Honesty

We went up to NJ this weekend and I found out that I have more followers than I realized. Please feel free to leave comments to anything you read!

We got home from NJ and were very tired. By we I mean me since everyone else took a nice nap on the way. It's okay though because I got to nap when we got home. After my much needed nap we went as a family out to the garden to pull weeds. To say this was not a task the kids wanted to partake in is an understatement. They found many ways to get up, down and in and out of the garden. They did pull weeds, or in the boy's case leaves. We were all relieved once the garden was done and ready for some water.

Once inside the girl looked at me with her big brown eyes and asked me to play dolls. I don't play dolls. I lost my imagination a long time ago. When watching the kids play I often wish I could play with them but....I can't make dolls talk! Anyhow, I gave in. She was being so sweet that I had to play dolls. This lasted for about 5 mins. before I had the great idea to have her help make mac n' cheese for dinner. She was soooo excited that she grabbed her apron and got to work. We made two pots since there are 4 of us. The girl made one and I made one, using the same ingredients and directions, it's boxed mac n' cheese for goodness sake! She was in total princess mode, which means she did everything she was asked and more!

During dinner the girl looked at me and asked if she could try my mac n' cheese. She took a bite and furrowed her blond little brow together. She gave me a half grin mixed with a worried expression. "Mom," she said "I don't want to tell you this, but, ummmm, mine is better. I hope this doesn't hurt your feelings." Gotta love that honesty! The words coming out of her mouth combined with the very cute expression on her face made me want to laugh and tear up. I told her that my feelings were not hurt, tasted a bite of hers and agreed that indeed hers was better. Daddy chimed in that she would have to be our mac n' cheese maker from now on!

1 comment:

  1. see cheese maker comment on honesty post still getting the hang of this. oops

    ReplyDelete