Monday, June 20, 2011

The Birthday Party

The boy had a birthday party to go to today. We all know how hectic these can be, a dozen 5-6 year olds running around and often times their toddling siblings right underfoot. Fun times!

Well this party was different. It was a party for a team mate of the boys from t-ball and it was at a bounce house. Since I knew most of the moms it was much less stressful for me than some of the usual parties. It was no stress at all for the boy. He found the birthday boy and a few other teammates and ran like crazy. He laughed, jumped, and ran around the place like only a little kid can do. I on the other hand sat with my back to the room and chatted with the other moms. Yes, my back to the room was the only way I could sit so that I could join in on the conversation, so I did! These moms are great, we always have a nice time together. The boy did great on his own, well he did come and ask me if his tooth was cracked at one point but there were no tears and no crack so off he went again.

Sitting with these women and discussing our families is a laugh in itself. It's refreshing to know that my girl is not the only one that is "pmsing" at the young age of 7 (and all the years before that). It's also good to know that there is no "normal" family, we're all crazy in our own ways. Maybe we're all crazy so we can share our stories and make the others have a good laugh!

Well here's to many more birthday parties like this one. At least a good dinner out with my new found lady friends!

1 comment:

  1. From Lady friend in Bristow:
    You are awesome!! I love this. When your ready for dinner let me know.

    ReplyDelete