Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

6:45am and the day has begun. There was a strict warning before bed that I will be listened to the first time I say something, you know, cuz it's my Birthday in the morning. Why I have to ask for this is beyond me but....it doesn't last long. The boy gives me a long hug before realizing it's my birthday and throws in an extra squeeze. Then I have to convince him to get dressed. That's right, he's 5 and wants to stay in his jammies all day long, not conducive to my going out to lunch and dinner plans! The girl comes down with a dismal look on her face, finds out I'm going to go walking today and runs back up to her room in tears. Later I finally coax her out of her room with the promise that I will exercise over the summer too when she can join me. Breakfast finally begins and neither child wants to eat, is it my fault that I really don't feel like fighting that fight this morning? I actually made coffee and opened the computer before school. I give in, 5 more bites then you're done. Still trying to drink my coffee (luke warm by now) the boy is getting his nebulizer. He tries to talk to me while this loud machine is on his face and I have no idea what he's saying so I smile and say "stop talking!" It's amazing how quiet it gets when the machine finally gets turned off, (just kidding) the kid doesn't stop talking and neither do I..."Girl, did you brush your teeth? Please stop chasing your brother. Boy get your other inhaler, okay now go brush your teeth. No, really, go brush your teeth!" And my day has begun....I have to say, no tears so far, well not that many at least. More smiles than most and man they're looking forward to going out to dinner. What a Birthday morning! Can't wait to see what the rest of the day holds! BTW- it's only 7:33am!

No comments:

Post a Comment