Monday, March 7, 2011

Dirt

As a mother I feel like I live in a constant state of dirt. To begin with there is the dust that settles right after I finish vacuuming. Given the right stream of light I get to see every piece of dust and dog hair float around my home at any given moment of the day. I try to be a clean person, I try to keep my home clean for my family but sometimes I sit with an exasperated sigh feeling like I'm fighting a never ending battle. There are always nose prints on my windows, some dog, some kids. There are always little hand prints on the appliances that the children never actually use. I mop the kitchen floor and somehow 10 mins later there are cracker crumbs trailing from the table to the trash can. The bathroom is a whole different story! I clean that and the next thing I know toothpaste has jumped in the sink, on the sink, down the sink and sometimes, if it's truly in a good mood the toothpaste will jump onto the mirror! At one time in life I recall the boy telling the girl that they had to make some mess so mommy would have something to do during the day. Well all I have to say is, I'm good! Please don't make mommy work, I'm tired of cleaning the same things every day just to find new foot prints in the foyer because someone had to go potty so bad they couldn't remove their shoes, never mind wipe their feet! I love my family with all my heart but a whole day with no dirt....a mom could get used to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment