Sunday, February 20, 2011

No ball in the house!

Just to let you know, it's not just mothers that have that "Mother of the Year" moment. Fathers too get to participate in that "what did I just do!" moment. Our Daddy had one of those moments just recently and I must say, it made me feel pretty good knowing I'm not the only "perfect" parent in this family. As it was, Grandma and I had gone out shopping and as stated before Daddy was "grounded" so the boy stayed home with him. It was a beautiful day so daddy and the boy went out to toss the ball around. It got a bit colder and a bit darker so they both headed into the house. Well as most parents know we don't play ball in the house, Daddy missed that in the parenting manual. Well he decided to practice catching ground balls with the boy in the house! Right as Grandma and myself pull into the driveway the boy went to catch a ball, his socks slipped and he fell face first onto the hardwood floor. I came into the house to a little boy with a purple goose egg on his forehead and a bottom lip sticking out in his traditional boo face. It stinks when that stuff happens but at least it wasn't on my watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment