Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chuck E. Cheese

A birthday in a child's life is crazy.  The kiddo is happy to have a party, gifts and cake while the parents often dread the party, gifts and well lets face it the cake's not too bad!  The boy decided on Chuck E. Cheeses for his 6th birthday party location.  Don't judge me, I too said I would have home parties as long as possible.  Once we started splitting up the kid party and the family party, I said enough!  So we let Chuck E. take this one.  The games were great, the pizza was....pizza, the staff was wonderful.  I would definatly go back there again for a party. 

Now we get to the real reason for this blog.  Have you ever tried leaving Chuck E. Cheeses?  When it's time to go, the kids have used up all their tokens, are very tired and have fists full of tickets.  It's time to turn those tickets in for a prize!!!!  Oh crap!  My darling husband decides he's going to do me a favor and take all the gifts out to the car.  He waltzes off with a half grin and a shrug of his shoulders.  Where does that put me?  At the prize counter with 2 tired kids, a ton of prizes and not enough tickets for each kid to get what they want.  The boy chooses his prize first.  He had won 1000 tickets in the ticket booth for his birthday.  He decided on a nice sparkly ball.  The girl breaks down in tears, a "I want that too"  sob coming from her open mouth.  First the boy gives his remaining tickets to the girl but it's still not enough for another ball.  Of course there is nothing else she wants!  After 10 more minutes of me naming EVERY prize she can get (btw- Daddy is still "loading the car") the boy looks at the girl and slowly hands her the ball.  She lights up until I quickly say no.  Mean mommy hits again!  Luckily after another 5 minutes she finally picks a rainbow slinky to take home with us.  Our time at Chuck E. Cheese has come to a close, at least until the next party!

No comments:

Post a Comment