Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to school

It's the first day back to school after the winter break.

The kids alarms didn't go off so into their rooms I go. I slowly wake each one with some warm words and some gentle shakes. I turn the lights on dim and walk back into my room to get myself ready.

10 minutes later I head back into their rooms only to find the little buggers still in bed! I turn the lights up all the way and repeat my attempt to arouse them. The boy hops out of bed, stomps over to where I stand in the doorway, crosses his arms and declares "my throat hurts!" He then returns his warm little PJ'd body to his bed and throws his covers back over his head. After several attempts I coerce him out of bed and into his clothes.

I go back to my room to finish up getting ready...the girl comes in, throws her arms around my waist and presses her warm check to my stomach and decides to carry on a conversation (her way of procrastination). I finally shoo her off to get ready.

The morning pretty much progresses like this, at a very slow pace.

It's finally time to get on the bus and head to school. As I watch them board, my arms ache to hold them and give them one last hug. They've been driving me nuts all week and now all I want is to have them with me. The crazyness that is parenthood!

No comments:

Post a Comment