Monday, February 6, 2012

Patience

On the way home from a friends birthday party the boy declares, "Mom why didn't you tell me to go potty, I've got to go now."  I must add to this story that we are only about 2 minutes from the party and it's raining outside.  I got really angry and told him it was his responsibility to go to the bathroom when he had to go.  The girl, who is sitting behind me, says "mommy, take a deep breath and count to 10, you'll feel much better."

We stop at a McDonald's, run in and out and are on our way in no time.  The boy has a sad face and says, "I'm sorry mom"  I felt horrible!  I told him it was okay.  The girl pipes up, "you feel better cuz you counted to 10 mom!"  Of course it would take a 7 year old with very little patience to teach me some!

No comments:

Post a Comment