Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sick or Not?

What a doozie this morning was! The girl came into my bedroom complaining of a tummy ache and a headache. As we all know, those symptoms are hard to prove. I sent her downstairs to eat some breakfast to see if that might help. She ate her cereal and continued to complain of a tummy ache, headache gone. Trying to figure out exactly what was going on was quite the challenge. She cried a bit stating that she really wasn't feeling well. I wanted to tell her to march her hiney up the stairs and get dressed but instead I tried a different approach. I told her that she could either go get dressed and ready for school or she could go climb back in bed and rest for the day. That was a BIG no go! She looked up at me with tears streaking down her little cheeks and said, "Mommy I just want to stay home and read." How do you say no to reading?

Luckily most of her morning chores were done. Once she got dressed and finished the rest of her chores she found the book that she had wanted to read so badly. She plopped herself next to me on the couch resting her warm little arm on my leg and began reading. She did such a great job.

Soon it was time to leave for school. She got herself up, shoes on and out the door. We walked to the bus stop and she climbed on the bus. Not one more mention of a tummy ache or headache! I even got lots of blown kisses and hugs through the window of the bus.

Just another say in our home!

No comments:

Post a Comment