Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Bus love

Waiting for the bus this afternoon was not business as usual. The bus doors open and the bus driver asks me to step up for a quick talk, ummm not good! She goes on to tell me that the boy is having trouble keeping his bottom in his seat. He's turning around and yelling "I love you Erica" to a little girl on the bus. After our discussion she lets everyone off the bus. When it was his turn to disembark he had his head hung down knowing full well he was in trouble....again. I begin to talk to him about the importance of sitting down in his seat for safety. I go on to stress the importance of not yelling on the bus, it makes it hard for the bus driver to concentrate. I then asked him about Erica. I told him he needed to stop yelling to her and telling her that he loved her. He looked up at me with his big blue eyes and round little face and said "but mom, she's pretty!" Fair enough!

1 comment: