Saturday, January 29, 2011

Don't worry folks, we're leaving

As I mentioned before the kids were great all morning. After the prior incident and my tearful shower, I decided we needed to get out of the house so we ran to Target. I told each child they could get a small toy for their good behavior (we're trying not to reward with food). Well they were even good shopping! So we headed to the famous dollar section of Target to pick out a goodie. The boy found his instantly, silly putty. He held it to his chest and said "mommy, you're the best!" The girl took a while. She finally came to me with 2 items of which she could not decide between. She was so torn that I took them both put them behind my back and had her pick a hand, that didn't work. Finally I put my foot down and said it was time to go, the tears began. She had to pick between a pen with a rose on the end or a squishy pink pig. She chose the pig and tearfully put the pen back. All the way to the register she wailed and flailed, she wanted both! She was afraid someone would take the pen before she could be good and come back again! Then she got angry and screamed and cried harder. All the while I'm calmly checking out and the boy is declaring his love for me as loud as he can. The girl continues to sob the whole walk out of the store as people stare "yes, she's mine and we're leaving." So much for trying to reward good behavior!

No comments:

Post a Comment